Channel Four Paralympic Games
- The aim of the brief from OMD was to promote C4’s exclusive coverage of the London Paralympic Games.
- To ramp up excitement prior to the Games and introduce some of GB’s athletes to a sports audience.
- The activity was targeting media savvy sports enthusiasts with high impact, rich media formats.
- The advertising solution must encourage user interaction and sharing
- Mediasyndicator developed a bespoke interactive solution called ‘SharePod’ to celebrate the athletes that made Britain’s Paralympic team.
- The execution gave users access to athletes’ biographies, in addition to powerful video content with the option to share across multiple social media platforms
- The activity would run across Mediasyndicators premium sports portfolio, covering a wide range of participation & sport news websites
- The campaign resulted in over 150,000 user interactions.
- On the opening day of the Games, viewer click through rates reached 0.33%.
- Come the end of the games, over 278 hours were spent engaging with the content, with over a third of all 2 minute video clips being watched in full.
“Rich media ads create more impact and engagement with people, so we created something that was not only strong visually, but which also includes interactive elements to engage online viewers. Results from the campaign have been really positive, giving thousands of hours of Channel 4 Paralympics coverage to a dedicated UK sports audience online. Participant sports environments have shown to be the most responsive (over 3 per cent interaction rates), demonstrating a real affinity and appreciation of the Superhumans by those who dedicate their time in pursuit of sporting success.”
Spyro Korsanos, CEO, Mediasyndicator
“We’re always seeking new high-impact formats for our clients and the creativity applied in the online advertising element of this campaign is synonymous with efforts across the broadcaster’s entire marketing strategy around the Paralympic Games.”
Dave Hompe, Managing Partner, Digital at OMD